My experience As a Freelance Designer in Interiors and Gardens, includes working alongside other professionals and also running my own projects. I trained for a Garden Design Diploma course at The Garden Design School, after initially training with City & Guilds courses in Gardening. I previously studied Interior and Environmental Design, with a Higher Diploma and membership of The Chartered Society of Designers.
Garden Design Services
We provide Clients with beautiful, creative and functional garden design. Our projects range from a full design or just transforming an herbacious border. When embarking on a new garden design projectwe include the following stages:-
STAGE 1 Garden Design
1. A Full Design Brief – We discuss ideas, and requirements by firstly meeting together on site and we will draw up a Brief for the garden design. It’s wise to consider your budget at an early stage. Then proceeding with a Consultation Day or Concept Design for a full Garden Design.
2. The Garden Survey – We will arrange for a Garden Survey, the we produce a Garden Survey drawing which forms the basis of garden design.
3. The Concept Design Plan – We firstly produce a sketch plan, which encourages discussion on styling and choice of materials. We also bring together images and planting ideas, to answer the Brief with creative ideas and inspiration.
4. Outline Plan & Image Board – An Outline Plan to scale is drawn, from which the new garden can be built. An Image Board shows styling, planting, bespoke items, features, furniture and lighting.
STAGE 2 GARDEN DESIGN
5. Softlandscaping Design – suiting Client’s taste, the Planting Plan is designed to provide structure, colour and interest for all seasons, importantly suiting the soil and site conditions.
6. Detailed Construction Design – This includes 3D Views or sketches, plus all construction details. External Lighting Layouts are considered and a Setting-Out Drawing produced.
Bespoke Items such as Pergolas and Arbours – Specification and drawings of Bespoke design elements, such as arbours and pergolas.
7. Landscaping Contract and Scope of Works Documents – using ‘Specification for Garden Design Works’ by John Heather. Landscapers then price to this Specification and build the garden to a good standard.
8. Financial Budgeting Schedules – We produce Schedules for all items included in the garden design, such as plants, lighting and external furniture.
9. Project Tendering – We will send out drawings to Tender with the Specification and Scope of Works documentation, then meeting together with Landscapers and Clients on site.
10. Project Monitoring – We will monitor the project as this helps to provide Clients with a seamless build.
11. Sourcing Plants, the Planting Plan & Setting-out on site – We position plants accordingly, then plant them, water and mulch.
12. Snagging – When the build is completed, snagging the project and adjusting as needed, ensures Client satisfaction.
13. A Maintenance Schedule & Plant Portfolio – We provide this to help Clients to maintain the finished garden.
14. A Maintenance Service – We can be provide maintenance on a seasonal basis, for planting beds & borders.